Striking Competition Rules - Guild Eight Bell
The aim of the competition is to create an interest in good striking and lead to improved ringing standards which are considered a key factor in motivating and retaining ringers.
- The contest is open to all Branches within the Diocese of Lincoln. Each Branch may enter two teams.
- All ringers must be members of the Guild.
- No one shall ring for more than one team and each team shall contain a minimum of 6 ringers resident in the Branch.
- The contest shall be on eight bells and each team shall ring the designated number of changes and the method previously determined by the Guild Committee.
- Three minutes are allowed to enable the band to get the feel of the bells. The bells must then be stood. As a signal to the judge a few strokes shall be rung on the treble immediately before ringing the test piece.
- The conductor may stop and re-start the attempt provided not more than thirty two changes have been rung. The band will stand and the treble rung again as a signal of a restart. A penalty of 10% of their faults shall be awarded for such action.
- A clock will be provided in the ringing chamber for use of the contestants.
- The judge’s decision is final.
Revised April 2015