Protecting Young Children and Vulnerable Adults
The CCCBR have issued in June 2019 an updated set of guidelines and requirements regarding safeguarding for bellringers. This can be viewed by clicking on the link below.
The document is 10 pages long, of which 5 pages are Appendices. The document covers the following topics.
- Basic Legal Requirements - Page 1
- Church Requirements and Expectations - Page 1
- Appointment of Tower Leaders - Page 2
- Safeguarding Training - Page 2
- Certificates and their Portability - Page 3
- Known Offenders - Page 3
- Potential Offenders - Page 3
- Wider Considerations - Page 3
- Responsibilities of Ringing Societies - Page 4
- Good Practice - Page 4
- Questions and Answers - Page 4 & 5
- Appendix A - Sample Role Description for a Bell Ringing Leader - Pages 6 to 8
- Appendix B - Sample Role Description for a Society Safeguarding Officer - Page 9
- Appendix C - Good Practice for Maintaining a Safe Environment in the Belfry - Page 10
Use of Social Media
The CCCBR have also issued guidelines on the use of Social Media, which have been adoped by the Lincoln Diocesan Guild of Church Bellringers.
Code of Conduct
The Lincoln Diocesan Guild of Church Bellringers also has a Code of Conduct, which can be viewed by clicking the link below.